Pack of 1 crown
Vigorous grower long bright red stems.
Planting Time: Winter (November until March)
Unfortunately this product is currently out of stock on our website, please contact our Great Shelford store on: 01223 842777 to enquire about further availability.
Rhubarb requires a rich soil which includes plenty of well-rotted compost/manure if available.
Dig over the area with a fork removing any weeds. Plant the crown (root) so the top is just level with the surface of the soil. Plant firmly traeding the soil around the roots. Water well and keep the soil moist during the growing season.
Harvest from April to June but do not pull any stems for the first season to alllow the plant to become established. Only pulling a few in the second season will be beneficial to the plant. Always cease pulling at the end of July to allow the plant to build up its strength again. Freshly pulled stems should be used within a day or two.
Eat only the stems - do NOT eat the leaves.
Grown from cultivated stock. Crowns (roots should not be eaten.
|No. of Bulbs per Pack||1|
- Local Delivery Available (within 30 miles of Scotsdales CB22 5JT)
- Click and Collect - Great Shelford only
- Available Cambridge
- Courier Available - Delivery fee set per weight of items, preview available in basket
If you’re not totally happy with anything you’ve bought from us, you can return it for an exchange or refund.
- Items bought in our garden centres can be returned within 28 days with proof of purchase.
- After 28 days, items can still be returned at the discretion of our staff, excluding garden tools, electrical goods, and plants under our 1-year guarantee.
- Items bought from our website can also be returned: please call us first on 01223 842777.
- Scotsdales are fully compliant with all regulations concerning distance selling. You can return any item you’re not happy with within 28 days of receiving it provided you have contacted us within 7 working days of receipt to advise of its return.
- Unless the item is faulty, you’ll need to pay postage to return it to us.
- For your protection and peace of mind, we recommend you use a recorded delivery service, and check that the compensation value covers the value of the item.
- To get a full refund, simply return the item to us in its original condition, in its original packaging within 28 days of cancellation.
- Items should be returned to the following address: Web Sales, Scotsdales Garden Centre, Cambridge Road, Great Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5JT
More about Taylors Bulbs
Taylors Bulbs are a fourth generation family business, growing and supplying flower bulbs and associated products since 1919.
More Spring flowering bulbs from Taylors Bulbs
Potatoes & vegetables from Taylors Bulbs