We’re very happy to announce that we will be re-opening our Sunflower cafes at Horningsea on Weds 12th August and Fordham on Fri 14th August.
Our Great Shelford store however will not re-open at this time, but we will notify all of our customers through the usual channels when we will be re-opening later this year.
We appreciate the support you have shown since our store re-opening back in May, a time when much like other retailers and the plant industry, we faced the many challenges as a result of Covid-19.
We ask that you continue to show the same support to our cafe and the hard working teams involved by complying with the necessary safety measures that will be put in place. You will find a list of the safety measures put in place and what we expect of our guests further down the page.
We’re sure that by working together, all our guests will have the enjoyable experience they expect from our Sunflower cafes.
Fordham opening hours
Mon – Sat 9.30am – 4pm
Sunday 10am – 3.30pm
Breakfast baps served Mon – Sat 9.30am – 11.00am / Sun 10am – 11am
Lunch served Mon – Sat 12pm – 3pm / Sun 11am – 2.30pm
Light bites such as cakes and pastries* available from when the cafe opens each day.
As we begin, we will be running a reduced menu, with a view to expanding as we go forward.
You will find the following options* on our menus:
Hot and cold drinks
Cakes and pastries
Jacket potatoes and soup of the day.
Children’s lunch box options will be available and we do ask that if you have any specific dietary requirements that you speak to a member of the cafe team when placing your order.
Please note we will not be able to accommodate takeaways at the moment.
For our full menus for Fordham click here
*As we begin re-opening our cafes it may be the case the some items are not available or will sell out. We hope you will understand and bear with us if and when that is the case. If so, please speak to a member of the cafe team who can advise on available meal options.
We will retain our usual high levels of service, although we will be required to maintain a safe distance whilst taking orders and serving your meals. We will do all we can to limit the impact of these measures on your overall experience.
All stores will offer different service systems, from ordering and payments to seating arrangements, this is due to their individual cafe layouts. Our cafe teams will explain the process to you as you arrive to allow for a safe, smooth and enjoyable ordering and serving experience.
Please note that our Fordham store will have a new entrance as part of their one way system. This entrance is through the outdoor plant department, please look out for the directional signage.
The Sunflower cafes are now registered as part of the Government’s “Eat Out to Help Out” initiative, entitling you to half price each person’s meal, saving a maximum of £10 each.
This offer is valid all day, Mon-Wed, each week until 31st August 2020. No pre-booking is required and you can take advantage of the offer as many times as you’d like.
The offer is not valid on alcohol.
In order to support the Government’s “Test & Trace” programme, we are asking customers to leave their name and contact number or email on the form provided.
We will only need the details of one person in the group. Their details will be safely stored for 21 days, in keeping with GDPR legislation and then destroyed. Your details will only be shared with NHS Test & Trace, if asked, in the event that it is needed to help stop the spread Covid-19.
Your details will not be used for any other purposes than for the Test & Trace programme.
We are currently looking into the option of a test & trace app for future use. Please keep an eye on our usual channels for updates on the use of the app as part of the Test & Trace programme.
It is a great privilege to be able to reopen our cafes once again, but it is of upmost importance that the following safety measures are followed by all to keep our customers and staff safe and to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- You will be required to wear a face covering throughout the store and until seated at your table. This includes wearing a face covering at all times when using the facilities.
- Contactless payment is required if possible.
- Condiment sachets, salt and pepper shakers, self serve tap water stations, baby food heating stations and children’s activity areas will all be removed or closed until further notice. Please speak to a member of staff if you require any of these items or services.
- Signage will be in place to remind customers to avoid touching safety screens and counters.
- Social distancing will be required, particularly in the case of queues. Floor markers and signage will aid in the 2m spacing whilst queuing.
- One way systems will be in place to guide guests through the cafe and to minimise crossing over or traffic between others.
- Track & Trace system is required.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use. We ask that guests who visits our cafe sanitises their hands prior to being seated and therefore before eating.
- We will have a limited seating capacity to allow for social distancing. This may affect waiting times and we ask that you do not move the seating or chairs.
- Tables and chairs will be cleared and cleaned at the start of the day and after every use.
- A new entrance will be implemented at Fordham. Please enter through the outdoor plant entrance only. The entrance will be signposted to help direct you.
- Menus will be “one-use” only for the time being.
- All guest facilities will remain open, although there will be systems in place to manage the numbers using the facilities. Please speak to a member of staff for more details.
- All members of the cafe team will undertake safety training prior to the re-opening of the cafes.
- All members of the cafe team will have their temperature checked upon arriving at work.
- All members of the cafe teams will be required to wash their hands at least every 30 minutes.
- Staff will be temperature checked before they begin working each day.
Please do not visit our Sunflower cafes if you answer yes to any of the following:
- In the last 14 days, do you think you may have had symptoms of Covid-19; fever, coughing, breathlessness, sore throat, loss of change in your sense of smell/taste?
- In the last 14 days have you been in contact with someone who has Covid-19?
- Do any members of your household currently have any symptoms of Covid-19?
If you have any queries or concerns before or during your visit, please do not hesitate to speak to us.
The Scotsdales Management Team