We’re very happy to announce that we will be re-opening our Sunflower cafes at Horningsea on Weds 12th August and Fordham on Fri 14th August.
Our Great Shelford store however will not re-open at this time, but we will notify all of our customers through the usual channels when we will be re-opening later this year.
We appreciate the support you have shown since our store re-opening back in May, a time when much like other retailers and the plant industry, we faced the many challenges as a result of Covid-19.
We ask that you continue to show the same support to our cafe and the hard working teams involved by complying with the necessary safety measures that will be put in place. You will find a list of the safety measures put in place and what we expect of our guests further down the page.
We’re sure that by working together, all our guests will have the enjoyable experience they expect from our Sunflower cafes.
Horningsea opening hours
Mon – Sat 9.30am – 3.30pm
Sun 10am – 3.30pm
Breakfast baps served Mon-Sat 9.30am -11.30am Sun 10am – 11.30am
Lunch served 11.30am – 3.30pm
Light bites such as cakes and pastries* available from when the cafe opens each day.
As we begin, we will be running a reduced menu, with a view to expanding as we go forward.
You will find the following options* on our menus:
Hot and cold drinks
Cakes and pastries
Jacket potatoes and soup of the day.
Children’s lunch box options will be available and we do ask that if you have any specific dietary requirements that you speak to a member of the cafe team when placing your order.
Please note we will not be able to accommodate takeaways at the moment.
For our full Horningsea menu, click here
*As we begin re-opening our cafes it may be the case the some items are not available or will sell out. We hope you will understand and bear with us if and when that is the case. If so, please speak to a member of the cafe team who can advise on available meal options.
We will retain our usual high levels of service, although we will be required to maintain a safe distance whilst taking orders and serving your meals. We will do all we can to limit the impact of these measures on your overall experience.
All stores will offer different service systems, from ordering and payments to seating arrangements, this is due to their individual cafe layouts. Our cafe teams will explain the process to you as you arrive to allow for a safe, smooth and enjoyable ordering and serving experience.
Horningsea cafe entrance will be clearly signposted with a greeter for our guests.
The Sunflower cafes are now registered as part of the Government’s “Eat Out to Help Out” initiative, entitling you to half price each person’s meal, saving a maximum of £10 each.
This offer is valid all day, Mon-Wed, each week until 31st August 2020. No pre-booking is required and you can take advantage of the offer as many times as you’d like.
The offer is not valid on alcohol.
In order to support the Government’s “Test & Trace” programme, we are asking customers to leave their name and contact number or email on the form provided.
We will only need the details of one person in the group. Their details will be safely stored for 21 days, in keeping with GDPR legislation and then destroyed. Your details will only be shared with NHS Test & Trace, if asked, in the event that it is needed to help stop the spread Covid-19.
Your details will not be used for any other purposes than for the Test & Trace programme.
We are currently looking into the option of a test & trace app for future use. Please keep an eye on our usual channels for updates on the use of the app as part of the Test & Trace programme.
It is a great privilege to be able to reopen our cafes once again, but it is of upmost importance that the following safety measures are followed by all to keep our customers and staff safe and to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- You will be required to wear a face covering throughout the store and until seated at your table. This includes wearing a face covering at all times when using the facilities.
- Contactless payment is required if possible.
- Condiment sachets, salt and pepper shakers, self serve tap water stations, baby food heating stations and children’s activity areas will all be removed or closed until further notice. Please speak to a member of staff if you require any of these items or services.
- Signage will be in place to remind customers to avoid touching safety screens and counters.
- Social distancing will be required, particularly in the case of queues. Floor markers and signage will aid in the 2m spacing whilst queuing.
- One way systems will be in place to guide guests through the cafe and to minimise crossing over or traffic between others.
- Track & Trace system is required.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use. We ask that guests who visits our cafe sanitises their hands prior to being seated and therefore before eating.
- We will have a limited seating capacity to allow for social distancing. This may affect waiting times and we ask that you do not move the seating or chairs.
- Tables and chairs will be cleared and cleaned at the start of the day and after every use.
- A new entrance will be implemented at Fordham. Please enter through the outdoor plant entrance only. The entrance will be signposted to help direct you.
- Menus will be “one-use” only for the time being.
- All guest facilities will remain open, although there will be systems in place to manage the numbers using the facilities. Please speak to a member of staff for more details.
- All members of the cafe team will undertake safety training prior to the re-opening of the cafes.
- All members of the cafe team will have their temperature checked upon arriving at work.
- All members of the cafe teams will be required to wash their hands at least every 30 minutes.
- Staff will be temperature checked before they begin working each day.
Please do not visit our Sunflower cafes if you answer yes to any of the following:
- In the last 14 days, do you think you may have had symptoms of Covid-19; fever, coughing, breathlessness, sore throat, loss of change in your sense of smell/taste?
- In the last 14 days have you been in contact with someone who has Covid-19?
- Do any members of your household currently have any symptoms of Covid-19?
If you have any queries or concerns before or during your visit, please do not hesitate to speak to us.
The Scotsdales Management Team
Sunflower Cafe Statement – July 2020
We have had a number of enquiries asking if our Sunflower Cafes will be reopening on the 4th July. We thank you for your interest and we appreciate how keen you all are to enjoy a freshly cooked meal, cream tea and of course, the cakes however we will not be reopening our Sunflower Cafes for a short time yet. We will of course continue to focus on the safety measures put in place throughout the stores and keeping the shopping experience at the excellent standards you would expect.
Rest assured that we will notify you all via our website, social media platforms and in-store of the proposed dates for re-opening just as soon as we are confident that we can do so.
Until then, you will find selected food hall products in the cafes, so that picking up a delicious treat to enjoy at home is still a possibility.
The Scotsdales Team
The Sunflower Café Horningsea
Our Sunflower Café at our Horningsea store takes pride of place in the middle of our garden centre.
It’s spacious and modern, with a special outdoor area for sunny days. Our freshly home-cooked meals are inspired by all the best of local produce – including our famous Fresh Fish Fridays which feature the very latest catch of the day.
If you’ve never visited us before, then please review the options we can provide below for an idea fo the great offerings that we cater for. Alternatively, contact us on: 01223 860320 if you would like any further information about the café or the dishes we serve.
Café Opening Times
The Sunflower Café opens for breakfast service at 9am Monday to Saturday and 10am on Sunday.
The Sunflower Café closes at 5pm Monday to Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. Please attend early to avoid disappointment.
Our opening hours may alter for bank holidays, please refer to our main store opening hours for full details about any changes.
We take our customer reviews very seriously and try our best to provide everyone with the best possible experience whilst visiting our Café.
Don’t just take our word for it, see our Trip Advisor reviews page for an honest opinion.
Served 9am until 11:30am Monday to Saturday and 10am until 11:30am on Sundays.
Full English breakfast or a hearty big breakfast or if you’re a lover of a healthy start to the day come and try our mixed berry breakfast.
You can mix up your breakfast choosing different items from our menu.
Served 11:30am until 14:30pm Monday to Friday, 11:30am until 15:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Amazing ranges of foods served at our Sunflower café, here at Horningsae we specialise to cater for people with dietary needs Vegetarian, vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free and as we use fresh produce our great team of chefs can cater for individual needs.
We offer a range of hot and cold lunch options every day of the week.
Our range of lunch items includes ‘off the grill’, sandwiches, etc.
To cater for all, we offer a children’s menu with options and portion sizes that are more appropriate to children.
Options include children’s sandwiches and hot meals including cheese and tomato pizza, chicken nuggets etc.
We also have a variety of soft drinks suitable for children including milk and juice.
If you would like more information about our children’s menu, then please contact us on: 01223 860320.
Our fantastic range of chilled desert’s including wonderful sponges and cake slices.
We also offer coffees and hot chocolate for anyone looking for something a little different.
Please note that our ranges change regularly and can be subject to availability.
For any allergen advice such as gluten free options, please contact us on: 01223 860320.
A selection of cakes and sandwiches and a Fruit scone with yummy jam and clotted Devonshire cream served on a tiered stand with tea or coffee.
Served All day, booking is advisable for parties over ten.
We also cater for special dietary needs i.e. Gluten and dairy free afternoon teas.
Booking for a Special Occasion
Here at the sunflower café we can cater for large bookings.
Birthdays, anniversaries you name the occasion we probably can do it.
Food for the occasion can be discussed with our catering team and of course the venue is free!!
Upcoming Café events
The Sunflower Café Horningsea is renowned for hosting a wide variety of events at different intervals throughout the year.
At present, we do not have any fun events to shout about, but please check regularly to keep abreast of developments. Some of our events have limited spacing so booking may be required in advance.
If you have any enquiries about upcoming events or events we’ve held in the past, then please contact us directly.
Allergy options available?
We offer a wide variety of options suitable for vegetarians and vegans, however options are subject to availability.
We also cater for anyone looking for gluten free and dairy free products, but these are subject to availability.
Please speak with our team if you require any further details about any of these topics.
Accessibility and no. of seats available?
We are wheel chair and buggy friendly.
Guide dogs are welcome and assistance is always given to our customers that require it.
Our wonderful Café also has baby/ toddler seats available should they be necessary.