This Privacy Notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use our website.
What Information do we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide when you create an account with us.
- Information that you provide when you make an online purchase (if you check out as a guest we just collect transaction-based data).
- Information you provide when you join our loyalty programme.
- Information you provide when you subscribing to our newsletter.
- Information you provide when you enter competitions or prize draws.
- Information you provide when you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- Information you provide when you contact us by any means with queries, complaints, etc.
- Information you provide when you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
How will we use the information about you
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
This is how we’ll use your personal data:
- To process your orders.
- To manage your account.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To provide you with information which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Who do we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, with IT companies who support our website and other business systems or direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
In case Scotsdale Nursery and Garden Centre Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You also have a right for a correction of your personal data when it’s incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
You can contact us by emailing DPO@scotsdales.com.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any updates or changes we may make to our privacy notice will be placed on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you DPO@scotsdales.com.