A Taste of Scotsdales – June 2019
At the end of June we invited in a selection of our food hall suppliers across a two day period to provide our customers with a range of free tasters from specialist gins to locally made jam.
The first of the two days featured an exclusive offer for Scotsdales Loyalty members which allowed them to receive a 10% discount on any items brought from our food hall (whether included in the taster samples list or not). The second day saw additional suppliers on hand to provide a wider array of treats and options for all to test and indulge in.
What suppliers attended?
- Cottage Delight brought a range of savoury snacks, chutneys & jams
- Fosters, provided ‘eat real crisps’
- Bon Bons had a selection of fudge
- Crème Dor
- Black Schuck came equipped with varieties of gin
- Halewood Wines brought along options for both gin and wine tastings
- Great Food Affairs had slab crisps available
- Lyme Bay wines
- Fatherson Cakes, brought a variety of their cakes
- Mr Fitzpatrick’s showcased their soft cordials
- Fine Cheese Company provided tasty cheese crackers
Tasters prepared by Scotsdales
Not only did we invite our suppliers in for tasters, we fired up a couple of BBQ’s at the front of our Great Shelford store and created a range of tasty treats for all to try.
The two days flew by and we received high praise from our suppliers and customers for the options available. This is something that we would like to repeat and thus we will be working on potential follow ups later this year. Please keep an eye open for news of further food hall events and tasters.
Visit our Food Hall at Great Shelford
Scotsdales Garden Centre, Cambridge Road, Great Shelford, Cambridge, CB22 5JT, United Kingdom