Our Peat Policy
- Scotsdales will not purchase peat extracted from peat land sites of recognised ecological, archaeological, scientific or other conservation sites.
- Scotsdales will actively work with compost suppliers on the availability and use of low or peat free growing media.
- Scotsdales will promote peat free alternative produce where possible.
- The use of peat as a mulch or soil conditioner will not be recommended.
- Peat has been a loyal friend for Gardeners for many years. We believe it’s time to make alternative choices available to the customer to try and reduce the carbon footprint caused by the extraction of peat.
Click here to read our environmental policies.
Click here to read our plant guarantee.