A Warm Welcome Back from Scotsdales
We are pleased to say we are open again! We’re aware that gardening has been a great source of solace and enjoyment for so many of you during this period of lock down by keeping you active.
As disappointing as it was not to be able to help you ourselves, it was good to hear that a number of other garden centres and businesses continued to trade in some capacity, providing you with gardening products so desperately sought after. Our policy was, as you know, to close during this period and support the government’s plan to reduce unnecessary and non-essential travel. This was important for us and we hope that this has helped to make a difference. We would like to thank all who have shown their loyalty and support for our decision, we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
As of Thursday 14th May all three of our stores will be reopened. We hope to have an enhanced web store and phone ordering system available for those who wish to remain in CV19 isolation.
We will of course like most retailers be operating under restricted trading. Your safety and well-being is of paramount importance.
For clarity, ,we offer the following guidelines.
We will be limiting the numbers of customers in store, actively practising and enforcing social distancing measures and may well need to close areas of the store too.
Rest assured, there will be team members present throughout the store to help and advise you.
As a precautionary note, if you display any of the following symptoms please do not enter our stores:
– Continuous cough
– High temperature
– Shortness of breath
The store will then be open from 8.30am until 5pm daily, Monday to Saturday and 10am until 4.30pm Sunday.
– Please keep yourself 2 metres away from others in the store at all times, we have provided helpful markers and signs where this is essential.
– Due to limited spaces in both the men’s and ladies toilets, we ask that a maximum of 2 customers enter at any one time. Markers and signage will instruct where to queue from outside the toilets.
– Our staff toilets will be opened for customer use if demand requires us to.
– As of Saturday 4th July 2020 – We are happy for your to bring your dogs into any of our three stores as long as they are kept on leads and under strict supervision. We ask that you are conscious of others around you and the required social distancing measures.
– Due to the understandable prioritisation of personal protective wear, we are unable to supply gloves or hand sanitiser, as such we ask that you remain vigilant and;
– Wash your hands regularly. Our facilities are well stocked and will be checked periodically each day.
– Please touch only what you intend on buying
– All till points will have a perspex screen for the benefit of our customers and staff. We ask you do not touch the screens.
– Our staff are required to wash their hands as often as possible as stated by the government guidelines. They will also have their own hand sanitiser for use whilst on the shop floor.
– Pay by contactless if possible. The maximum spend on contactless payments has been extended to £45 per transaction.
– We will clean every trolley regularly however this should in no way be considered completely sanitised for use, therefore please exercise your own personal safety and care.
– During busy periods parking will be limited. We would then ask you to remain in your vehicle and in the queue. You will be directed to a free space by one of the team as soon as a space becomes available.
– Maidenhead Aquatics and the Mower People will be open as normal at our Great Shelford store. Hotspring World, Greens, Anglian Conservatories and The Conservatory Centre will be open by appointment only. Please click here to find all contact details for the concession stores at our Great Shelford branch.
– Edinburgh Woollen Mill will not be open during May at our Horningsea store, although Orchard Mobility will be.
– Some product availability may be limited due to impact from the supply chain. We will have staff available to advise on alternatives or expected product delivery dates. Please ring ahead to check product availability before visiting the store.
– Please expect changes to all store entrances:
Great Shelford will close the main entrances so please use the plant entrance. There may be outdoor queuing systems in place during busy periods. This will be marked with signage for your safety.
Horningsea will close their turnstile entrance so please use the main entrance only.
Fordham will have a new entrance through the plant department which will be marked out with directional signage and the usual entrance will now be an exit only.
We will resume our deliveries for order placed in store, on our web store and over the phone.
– Delivery is £10 or free over £150 spend, within 30 miles of each store. For orders beyond the 30 mile radius please contact us directly for more information.
– All deliveries unless stated during the ordering process, will be delivered as close to front doors as possible . Heavier goods may require a nearest roadside drop-off point instead.
-We will not require signature for confirmation of delivery but we may photograph the delivery in situ instead.
– We are unable to offer a furniture or BBQ assembly service.
– We anticipate high demand for delivery items. We will endeavour to book the best available slot for our customers as always but delayed deliveries may occur as demand increases which we will notify you of.
We thank you for understanding and support during this time of transition and with the measures we have put in place.
The Scotsdales Management Team