Scotsdales Safety Measures Statement
We would like to take the time to thank all of our customers who have supported us throughout 2020. The changes we had to implement as part of Government restrictions and safety measures was made easier by your support and understanding.
It is a great privileged that garden centres are labelled “essential” and therefor permitted to stay open during the lockdown period, beginning Wednesday 6th January. With that in mind we ask those who are looking to visit our stores to be considerate of the lockdown measures and make their visits brief, avoid browsing and that they are visiting for the essentials only and that they adhere to the following safety measures.
Thank you from all of us at Scotsdales.
Sunflower Cafes are closed until further notice
Inline with government changes coming into effect and in consideration of customer and staff safety we will be closing all three of our Sunflower Cafe’s with immediate effect. The Cafe’s will remain closed until at least 1st February 2021. We will post further updates on our social media accounts as further news becomes available.
Working Together to Create a Safe Shopping Experience
As a precautionary note, if you display any of the following symptoms please do not enter our stores:
– Continuous cough
– High temperature
– Shortness of breath
– Loss of taste or smell
We have updated our opening times since Christmas, please click here to see the opening times for all stores.
We also ask that our customers visit during week days when the stores are quieter.
– Please keep yourself 2 metres away from others in the store at all times, we have provided helpful markers and signs where this is essential.
– Due to limited spaces in both the men’s and ladies toilets, we ask that a maximum of 2 customers enter at any one time. Markers and signage will instruct where to queue from outside the toilets.
– Our staff toilets will be opened for customer use if demand requires us to.
– We are happy for your to bring your dogs into any of our three stores as long as they are kept on leads and under strict supervision. We ask that you are conscious of others around you and the required social distancing measures.
– Please note that some queuing systems have changed since our stores re-opened earlier this year. This is due to our continual monitoring of the best safety practises. We ask that you keep an eye out for informative signage and changes in store even if you have visited the store since our re-opening.
– We ask that children must be kept under strict supervision at all times for their safety and the safety of others.
– To aid in social distancing we ask that visiting groups are limited to a maximum of 4 people from one household.
– We have a number of hand sanitising stations spread throughout the store for customer use. However, we ask that you remain vigilant and;
– Wash your hands regularly. Our facilities will be open, well stocked and will be checked periodically each day.
– Please touch only what you intend on buying.
– All till points will have a perspex screen for the benefit of our customers and staff. We ask you do not touch the screens.
– Our staff are required to wash their hands as often as possible as stated by the government guidelines. They will also have their own hand sanitiser for use whilst on the shop floor.
– Pay by contactless if possible. The maximum spend on contactless payments has been extended to £45 per transaction.
– We will clean every trolley regularly however this should in no way be considered completely sanitised for use, therefore please exercise your own personal safety and care.
– During busy periods parking will be limited. We would then ask you to remain in your vehicle and in the queue. You will be directed to a free space by one of the team as soon as a space becomes available.
– Some product availability may be limited due to continued impact from the supply chain. We will have staff available to advise on alternatives or expected product delivery dates. Please ring ahead to check product availability before visiting the store.
-Some areas of the store may be closed at short notice for customer safety only. If you would like assistance a member of staff will be on hand to find a product for you.
– Please expect changes to all store entrances:
Great Shelford will close the main entrances so please use the plant entrance. There may be outdoor queuing systems in place during busy periods. Distances have been marked on the path to aid in social distancing.
Horningsea will close their turnstile entrance so please use the main entrance only.
Fordham will continue to use their existing entrance.
– Delivery is £10 or free over £150 spend, within 30 miles of each store. For orders beyond the 30 mile radius please contact us directly for more information.
– All deliveries unless stated during the ordering process, will be delivered as close to front doors as possible . Heavier goods may require a nearest roadside drop-off point instead.
-We will not require signature for confirmation of delivery but we may photograph the delivery in situ instead.
– We are unable to offer a furniture or BBQ assembly service.
– We anticipate high demand for delivery items. We will endeavour to book the best available slot for our customers as always but delayed deliveries may occur as demand increases which we will notify you of.
We thank you for understanding and support throughout the year.
The Scotsdales Management Team